Even with the best at-home oral hygiene, minor damages to teeth can still appear over time. This includes small chips and cracks, which can make it harder to show your smile off with confidence. The good news is restoring damage in your smile could be easier than you think with dental bonding! This quick, affordable, and lasting treatment from Dr. Koudi works to restore damage to teeth in a non-invasive way, ensuring you can enjoy smiling once again. Schedule an appointment with our office today to get started!
Why Choose Beverly Hills Complete Dentistry for Dental Bonding?
- Color-Matched to Your Exact Enamel Shade
- Treatment Typically Takes an Hour to Complete
- More Affordable Than Other Cosmetic Treatments
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a quick and simple dental treatment designed to hide imperfections in teeth. To do this, a small amount of composite resin is applied directly to the enamel, then carefully sculpted around the tooth to the exact shape and size necessary to hide any concerns. This includes small chips and cracks visible within your smile. It’s not uncommon that treatment for dental bonding can be completed in a single appointment, meaning you can visit our office with a damaged tooth and leave with a fully restored one!
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic bonding is ideal for those looking for an affordable and quick solution to small chips and cracks in teeth. However, dental bonding can also be used to address other imperfections, including the following:
- Gaps between teeth
- Small or irregularly shaped teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Discolored teeth (for permanent stains that whitening cannot remove)
- Slightly decayed teeth
The Dental Bonding Process
When you first arrive at our office, we’ll examine your tooth and create a treatment plan from there. To ensure the bonding material blends in effectively, we’ll use a shade guide to select the composite resin that best matches your teeth. From there, we’ll prepare your tooth by cleaning and etching the surface to roughen it. Next, a conditioning liquid is applied to ensure the bonding material stays adhere to your tooth.
After the tooth is prepped, we’ll apply the tooth-colored composite resin and mold it in place until it reaches its desired shape and covers all chips or cracks. We’ll harden the material using a special curing light, which only takes a few seconds. We’ll put a final polish on the tooth so that it reflects just like your natural teeth!
The Benefits of Dental Bonding
There are many advantages to considering dental bonding over other cosmetic treatments, including the following:
- Simple Procedure – A simple and non-invasive solution like dental bonding works to restore your teeth quickly, making it an ideal alternative to veneers or ceramic crowns.
- Quick Results – In most cases, dental bonding treatment takes anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Non-Invasive and Preserves More Enamel – If you want to maintain as much as your natural enamel as possible, dental bonding is more practical than more substantial cosmetic treatments.
- Long-Lasting – With the right care, your dental bonding can last for several years without any issues. However, it will require touching up eventually, so stay on top of your routine monthly checkups.